Camera Operator / Video Editor
YogaGlo is looking for a talented and energetic camera person to join our Content team.
We are a growing online health and wellness streaming service offering over 4000 yoga, pilates and meditation classes. The position is a broadcast style, in-studio role and requires a deep knowledge of camera operation, on-set communication and work ethic, time management, and a can-do, team attitude. You will be expected to film for multiple hours, be flexible with time and your role (you know how it is on set!), and put your best foot forward when filming and assisting the most talented instructors on the planet.
Ideally, you eat cameras for breakfast. You can lug a fully loaded gimbal around all day and not bat an eye. You’re friendly, whip-smart, super driven (but remarkably chill), and have experience in all aspects of production in addition to your top-notch camera operation abilities. When filming is slow (which is rare), you’ll feel right at home editing our class content at your world-class workstation. Adobe Premiere, Adobe Photoshop experience required. Adobe Audition and Davinci Resolve experience a major plus.
All content is filmed in-house at our beautiful studio in Santa Monica. We do not hire contractors or remote workers for this role. Health, dental, vision benefits, paid vacation and sick time are included.
What You Bring To YogaGlo...
- Bachelor’s Degree in Broadcast or Film Production, or 4+ years of equivalent professional experience with camera operation and post production.
- Confidence when filming in live situations, and making smart and creative shot choices.
- Knowledge of contemporary camera systems and their operation.
- Fluent in Adobe Premiere Pro and Photoshop and working knowledge of Adobe Audition.
- Authentic interest in health and fitness.
- Professional mindset and disciplined organizational skills. Compassionate and supportive to other team members.
- Excel at collaborating and working as part of a team with a positive attitude and awareness of proper set etiquette.
- Flexible worker, able to adapt and adjust to rhythm of the day.
- To deliver consistent production quality in various locations, circumstances, and different time pressures.
- Must be willing to try new approaches and adapt thinking to production environment
- Must be comfortable in an office environment as well as on a production set.
- Clear communication skills (verbal, email, slack).
- Natural troubleshooter. Technology minded.
- Physically able to lift and operate cameras daily.
- Working knowledge of yoga a big plus.
- Ability to operate production hardware such as gimbals, camera cranes, etc.
What You’ll Do ...
- Full days operating a camera on set, or working at a computer editing video and audio for various types of content.
- With training, direct crew and talent to efficiently execute full production days, sticking to a timely schedule.
- Edit our ongoing class content in addition to production needs.
- Take special projects from concept to completion while understanding and incorporating critiques and feedback.
- Keep asset and project files organized on internal server for other team members to collaborate.
Job Type: Full-time 40 hours per week / Some weekends and evenings